Tuesday, March 2, 2010

3, 2, 1, I'm Gone!!

2 days. 2 days I had left before I got my life back. My sister took over my life 6 months ago when she annouced her engagement. I hatred the thought of this wedding, they were totally wrong for each other, but they called it love at first sight. As if. Everyone always said they're like two peas in a pod, I disagreed with that. I was the only one who could see through them, and my sister's husband-to-be was bad to the bone. It was clear as day, that he was pulling her leg in this dating game. If I was in her shoes, I would dump him fast. No one believed me when I said he was no good. My mother always says "Don't jump to conclusions, and not to judge a book by it's cover." But I wasn't. I just had a feeling that this guy was wrong for her. Everytime I tried to help this guy I give an inch, and he takes a mile. I was getting very upset.
At the crack of dawn, my mother started yelling up the staircase, "Ashley, come down stairs and let's head to the banquet hall.
"I'm not going," I screamed back.
"But your sister needs your help. There is loads to do," my mother said annoying.

"Why do we have to leave so early?"
"The early bird gets the worm." my mother hollard.
"But the second mouse get's the cheese." I called. I got out of bed and ready.
We all piled into the car and starting driving to the hall. That's when I posed the question. "Are you happy with him?"
"Of course, he's the apple of my eye." she responded. "Why?"
"I think you should stop and smell the roses before you put all your eggs in one basket." I rebutled.
"What are you saying?"
"I think you should slow it down, maybe go back to dating."
"Been there, done that. I love him. People are always telling me I was always a bridesmaid, but never a bride, and now is my time to prove them wrong," my sister moaned.
I thought are a moment before saying anything. "It's better safe than sorry. I think you are making a mistake."
"He has a big heart, and he loves me."
"Love is blind, you don't know what your saying. He doesn't care about you. I bet he would lose his head if it wasn't attracted to his body." I explained.
"Ashley, mind your manners," interrupted my mother.
"Your driving me insane!" cried my sister.
"Just listen to me and understand."
"No! Just leave me alone!" she yelled.
"Don't tempt fate," my mother calmly added.
"Well, you don't have to worry about that," I shouted, "I'm leaving!" I stormed out of the car and headed home.

No comments:

Post a Comment